If you are vulnerable, lonely or finding the cost of living crisis has really hit home this Winter, there are various organisations in Oxted and Limpsfield you can contact, and places to go for both financial and practical help, warmth and company…
Tandridge Volunteer Action – Befriending Scheme
Run by TVA for anyone in need of company. The scheme provides friendship to people who are feeling lonely or socially isolated. if you would like to talk to someone about the scheme, please call: 01883 722593 or Mobile: 07831 278 548.
If you are interested in volunteering as as a “friend” for those in need, please contact Lynn Arnopp on 07741 657 191, email email@example.com.
Warm hubs have been set up across the district where you can pop in, get warm and meet others with an opportunity to get free energy saving advice too. Many of them provide free wifi, hot drinks and light refreshments.
Oxted and Limpsfield warm hubs are located at:
- The Barley Mow, Tandridge Lane, Tandridge RH8 9NJ. Open 8am until 5pm. Free car parking, a warm place to sit and free Wi-Fi. Food and drink are available on site with no obligation to buy. Residents are welcome to sit and read, play cards or anything to occupy themselves in a warm environment.
- Hurst Green Community Centre, 4 Oak Close, Hurst Green Surrey RH8 0BA. Sunday morning breakfast club providing free weekly breakfast activities and events (this start date will be confirmed soon).
- Oxted Library, 12 Gresham Road, Oxted RH8 0BQ. Tuesday to Saturday 9:30am to 5pm.
- St Agatha’s Hall, Greenhurst Lane, Hurst Green RH8 9DU. Thursday 1pm to 3pm. Community fridge every Wednesday 11.15am to 12.30pm, tackling food wastage and poverty, providing teas, coffee, cakes and conversation.
More hubs in Hurst Green will be opening soon, with the support of Oxted United Reformed Church.
LINK – Link Porter Trust
LINK is a Charity providing help for anyone in need who lives in the Oxted, Surrey, RH8 postal area, including volunteer transport. It was formed from legacies and donations to make grants to residents in this area who are facing short term financial problems or crisis. The aim of the charity is to be able to provide small grants for specific purposes to individual residents to enable them to get back on their feet.
The Charity has been able to help with household equipment, school uniform and equipment, food bank vouchers and short-term help with bills.
For more details, please call Shirley (the Trust’s Secretary) on 07913 741452.
Oxted Rotary Community Grant
Oxted Rotary’s community grant scheme is now open and is there to help families in need with children under eighteen or living with a disability.
Grants are available up to a value of £250.00 to eligible families. If you are in need of assistance and thing you meet the criteria for funding please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have queries regarding the Community Grant Scheme or how to become a member of Oxted Rotary speak to one of their members or contact the club membership co-ordinator, John Bowers Tel: 07711 306543 or email: email@example.com
Tandridge District Council – Household Support Fund
The Household Support Fund is a government scheme to help ease the financial pressure from the rising cost of living and is open to residents with low incomes can apply for a small grant from this fund – Single person households will receive £100.
Multiple residents in the same household will receive £300 per household.
The funding is limited, so we only people who have not previously received a grant from the Household Support Fund may apply.
- Be over the age of 16.
- Live in the Tandridge district.
- Be in financial difficulty and struggling to meet the cost of essential items like food, fuel or energy bills for themselves or their dependents. You will need to submit evidence online such as bank statements and arrears letters.
- Not have already received a grant from the Household Support Fund.
Please call 01883 722000 for more info.
Tandridge Citizens Advice Bureau
For general advice on legal issues and cost of living crisis, please contact your local Citizens Advice: 0800 144 8848.
The office is located above the Oxted Library – entrance by the health centre doors – open from 10am-4pm Monday, Tuesday and Thursday; 10am-1pm on Friday (closed Weds, Saturday, Sunday).
Keep safe and warm. Don’t be afraid to reach out to your neighbours and local community.